Be Proud to Be Small: 5 Benefits of Being a Small Business
Read any article, blog or other source of entrepreneurship advice, and you’ll almost certainly come across the strategy of behaving as though you are already a multinational company. This sounds aspirational and visionary, but is there really a need to pretend that you are your own P.A. ?
Starting out with a new business is challenging and scary enough, without diverting energy into creating and maintaining what is essentially an artificial image. Plus, there’s the danger of forgetting what your ‘P.A.’ is called.
Being yourself gives you the permission and authority to focus on finding your voice and doing what you feel is right. So, even if it’s only you, or you and a trusted colleague, celebrate the beauty of being small, and authentic and cultivate your clients as your tribe.
- Your niche can provide personalised and customised advice and services
- You can react faster and build creative solutions as you are not tied down to large company systems
- You can remain authentic, regardless of situation
- Small does not mean limited: Do you want 10 high worth clients whose passions you connect with, or 100 clients who get less of your time? What is more in line with your vision and ethos?
- Being small, and wanting to be small, can be one of the best decisions you make. When you concentrate on being mindfully present, rather than chasing the rainbow, that pot of gold might be closer than you think.